The Importance of Pre-Listing Inspections:
Pre-listing inspections (sometimes referred to as seller inspections) are becoming more popular because they virtually eliminate all the pitfalls and hassles associated with waiting to do the home inspection until a buyer is found. In many ways, waiting to schedule the inspection until after a home goes under agreement is too late. Eventually, your buyers are going to conduct an inspection. You may as well know what they are going to find by getting there first. Having an inspection performed ahead of time helps in many other ways:
• It allows you to see your home through the eyes of a critical third party.
• It helps you to price your home realistically.
• It permits you to make repairs ahead of time so that …
• Defects won’t become negotiating stumbling blocks later.
• You have the time to get reasonably priced contractors or make the repairs yourself, if qualified.
• It may encourage the buyer to waive the inspection contingency.
• It may alert you to items of immediate concern.
• It may relieve prospects’ concerns and suspicions.
• It reduces your liability by adding professional supporting documentation to your disclosure statement.
• It alerts you to immediate safety issues before agents and visitors tour your home.
What You Receive From a RCHI Pre-Listing Inspection:
Don’t settle for a clipboard and a hand-written checklist!
RCHI offers the Leading-Edge Reporting System.
Every client receives an on-site printed summary report, followed by a thorough and comprehensive web-based report complete with photographs, illustrations and links to helpful information.
You will also receive a Priority Maintenance List, as well as, a list of approximated Home Improvement Costs.
In addition, we are always just a phone call away for pre and post inspection consultation.
Copies of the inspection report, along with receipts for any repairs, should be made available to potential buyers.
Seller inspections are a benefit to all parties in a real estate transaction. They are a win-win-win-win situation.